Sunday, July 22, 2012

Kenya: last day




 
Moi Girls High School Nairobi Choir

I can't believe this is my last morning in Kenya!! Time has gone by WAY too quickly.  I will keep this brief as I need to practice for my drum lesson and get out the door, but:

I have had the opportunity to meet with the Kenyan Boys Choir twice.  I got a private concert at their rehearsal (outside under some trees at the National Arboretum) Thursday evening and last night during their exchange concert with Moi Girls High School.  The Choir from Moi has won the national music competition in Kenya the past two years.  They are fantastic.  What a cool evening this was.

I have had two music lessons with my amazing (and incredibly patient) teacher Festus from Bomas of Kenya.  Today I have my final lesson after my morning farewell at Red Rose School.  I will go to meet the wife and baby of one of the gentlemen from the Children of Kibera office this afternoon and then do some final packing and head off to the airport.  

There are many more memories to share here which I'll have to do either this evening or when I get home.  In the meantime, THANK YOU to everyone who made this trip financially possible.  It has been nothing less than life-changing and I feel so lucky to be here. 
 
The boys warming up
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment