Tuesday, August 3, 2010

nomination!

I got word this morning that I've been nominated for Peace Corps service.  Let me explain how the Peace Corps application/vetting process works so this will be more clear:

1. Initial online application, essays, and medical questionnaire
2. Interview with a Peace Corps recruiter
3. Nomination (which simply means the process continues)
4. Medical/Dental/Optical review; legal review
5. Invitation (this is where you get a depature date, city/country, job title, etc.)

So although this is an amazing step, I still don't have many specifics. I'm going to see if my recruiter knows which coninent/region I'm going to...

I am working on waiting with confidence and patience while this process continues.  It takes a long time, I know this.  I will post more info. as soon as I know it!

2 comments:

  1. This is a huge deal! I have a student of mine (and his wife) who went through the process; it took a long time. That item number 1 is a lot of stuff. And I have friends who have gone through the process and not selected - even though they are amongst the most awesome (like you). I am so very happy for you! And for whomever will be graced by your presence in your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations... What region were you nominated for, and what job?

    ReplyDelete